Families in the Harrisburg School District are eligible to participate in a no-cost Kindergarten Readiness program. This unique opportunity for South Dakota families allows for participation in the Waterford UPSTART program to support home-based readiness for Kindergarten skills for current 4 year olds delivered via technology. This program is funded through a grant from the U.S. Department of Education called Education, Research, and Innovation (EIR).
WHAT FAMILIES WILL RECEIVE
- Research-based, efficacious, award-winning reading and math/science instruction delivered to each child for 15-20 minutes daily
- Weekly family support through a family education liaison to encourage the family through literacy knowledge, preparation for supporting a school-age child, and usage tracking. This personalized support is available in over 20 languages.
- All necessary hardware, software, and infrastructure for each family (including a laptop computer for each family, software, and internet when needed).
- Software licenses for all children in the home, including those who are not participating in the program directly, but may require additional reading, math, and science support.
- Pre/Post Assessment and efficacy research.
HOW TO GET INVOLVED
- Register for Waterford UPSTART directly by completing the pre-registration form online at www.waterfordupstart.org or by calling 1-888-982-9898.
- To be eligible, children must have a birth date that falls between: 09/16/2015 - 09/15/2016.
- For more information or questions, please contact Sarah Walsh, our Waterford South Dakota Representative, at firstname.lastname@example.org.